Thursday, September 16, 2010

Happy Anniversary

I remember EVERYTHING  about this day. The night before as I was about to fall asleep I realized that my contacts were still in and I should have gotten up and taken them out . . . but I didn't so my eyes were somewhat strained. I got up, took a shower and headed to the hair dressers to get my hair done. I came back to my grandma's house and ate lunch with her and packed up my things and headed to the church. I arrived at the church and it was a whirlwind. Everyone was all over the place and I needed to get dressed and get ready for the day. The guys were all over the place and the ladies were in the bathroom getting ready. I was in a separate room getting everything on. It was almost 2 pm. . . just about time for picutres. We are all ready and Chris walks into the room and its just me and him. I am about to become Mrs. Christopher Pierce. Wow.

We get in the church auditorium and the pictures begin. Lots of standing and smiling . . . but all in all, it went well. It seemed to go smoothly and I was pretty excited. By 3:30 the pictures were finished and we waited in the back for nobody to see me. I kinda had to go to the bathroom, but decided against it because it was almost time to start and i didn't feel like fighting my dress and all the business i had underneath it! So, we press on. The music starts . . . Keeper of the Stars by Tracy Byrd. It's our song.

'It was no accident, me finding you. Someone had a hand in it, long before we ever knew. Now I just can't beieve, you're in my life. Heaven smiling down on me, as i look into your eyes. I tip my hat, to the keeper of the stars. He sure knew what he was doing, when he joined these 2 hearts . . . "

As I hear the music and begin my walk with my dad down the aisle, I see so many happy faces and I am ecstatic! I am GETTING MARRIED!!!  And then I see him. Standing so tall and smiling just so. . . not too big, not too small . . . he's just right. The words begin and we do our business. We light the unity candle, we are now one couple with both flames burning together. Chris repeats his vows and I can only whisper mine with tears streaming down my face. I am so in love with this man that the emotions are uncontainable. I am so happy to be able to join my life with his and take a lifetime journey together.

'You may now kiss the bride.' Oh, wow, it's over already! Ok! I gotta get these shoes off! Where are my slippers?! Please, my feet hurt . . . oh, ya, time to sign the marriage certificate and take a couple more pictures. Ok, done. Let's go stand and get ready to greet everyone as they exit the church. Wait! What is that? Chris?! Why is there a limo outside the church? Chris and I are wondering if someone should go tell the driver that he's at the wrong place! Oh, wait . . . nevermind. We were informed that as a wedding present, Chris' cousins and aunt paid for a limo for us to ride around in after the wedding. I am so humbled that someone thought so much of us to do that for us. What an amazing family I have just married into. Wow. Wait a minute! Uh, OH! What about our truck? Who is going to drive our truck to the reception?! YIKES! OH, NO! I don't know what to do. No less than 5 people are consoling me telling me it will be ok and that it will get taken care of. Chris gives the keys to his dad and he says he will drive it. Phew! ok, good nuff. Breath kelli, breath.

Everyone comes through the recieving line and its bubble time! We walk through the raining of bubbles and get to the limo. More pics and its off we go with the wedding party. We drive around and make it to the reception. We have a great time, greeting and then it's time to eat. The food was fantastic although i don't remember much of it. Im pretty sure there were meatballs and that was probably all i ate that night. This part was kind of a blur . . . the speeches, the toasts, the clean up (so I guess I don't remember EVERYTHING - but close!) . It's time for the dance . . . the band played and we had a great time. We closed the place down and I was getting exhausted. We get to the motel and we drop in exhaustion.
I am married. Ahhhhhh, time to sleep!

5 comments:

  1. The limo ride was the best wedding present I have ever given someone. Happy Anniversary to you and Chris. I was thinking about you guys earlier this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, thanks for sharing! So cool after 10 yrs you remember little details too!! Happy Anniversary to you and Chris! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually its from me, Kara... I dont have google, I am a yahoo girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. why are there no pictures?!?!
    but happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh pictures . . . ya, those and me are not the best of friends . . . well, mostly me trying to find time to scan then onto the computer and post them . . . that's a problem

    ReplyDelete